For this month’s Links and Resources post, I’d like to share information about self-publishing ebooks. I’ve collected a number of articles and posts on everything a self-publishing author might need to know about ebooks. This is not a complete list, of course, but should serve as a starting point for anyone wanting to learn more about the process of self-publishing ebooks.
First, if you haven’t seen my previous posts on ebook-related topics, check them out:
Now, take a look at all of these great resources:
Why Publish Ebooks?
- 6 Reasons You Need to Publish Ebooks by Dana Lynn Smith at Savvy Book Marketer
2. Why You Should Sell Ebooks at Your Own Site by author Gary McLaren
3. 6 Ways Ebooks Are Reaching More Readers by Anna Guastello
4. 10 Reasons Why Authors Love Ebooks by author Joanna Penn
How To, Formatting, and Technical Issues
- Ebook Formatting Tips by author Karen Inglis
2. Managing File Sizes for Ebooks by JW Manus at QA Productions
3. Design and Format an Ebook Like a Pro by Colin Dunbar
4. How to Publish Ebooks: The Beginner’s Ultimate Guide by author/editor Roz Morris
Tips and Tricks
- 5 Tips for Ebooks by author Arthur Slade
2. Using Ebooks to Save on the Price of Review Copies via The Passive Voice
3. Can Our Own Ebooks Become More Interactive? by author Aggie Villanueva
4. How to Sell Ebooks: 5 Proven Tips by author Rob Eagar of WildFire Marketing
Know a resource that should be on the list? Have any tips or questions about self-publishing ebooks? Let me know in the comments!
Looking for professional editorial services for your manuscript, cover copy, or submission materials? Check out my Services page for more info about what I offer.