Over the past few months, I’ve written several posts about marketing and self-promotion for indie authors. So, for this month’s Links and Resources post, I’d like to share some additional articles that I found helpful while researching these topics. While these particular posts are geared toward indie authors, I think several of these tips are helpful for those who are publishing traditionally as well.
Here are the posts that I’ve found helpful:
1. Top 5 Marketing Tips for Indie Authors is a Huffington Post article, but I found it to be a good introduction to the basics.
2. This article at The Book Designer is another helpful introductory post.
3. This article by Lauren White is geared toward reviving a previously released series and offers a number of helpful tips.
4. Advanced Marketing Tactics for Indie Authors from Publisher’s Weekly offers more in-depth information and tips.
5. 7 Strategies and 110 Tools to Help Indie Authors Find Readers and Reviewers at Digital Publishing is an extensive list of marketing tools and resources.
6. Lessons Learned From Bestselling Indie Authors On Writing And Book Marketing by Joanna Penn features quotes from a number of indie authors on writing, editing, marketing and promotional—some inspirational, some humorous.
Know any resources that should be on the list? Have any questions about marketing? Let me know in the comments!
Looking for professional editorial services for your manuscript, cover copy, or submission materials? Check out my Services page for more info about what I offer.