Earlier this month, I discussed indie book awards and what factors to consider when entering competitions. But there’s quite a bit more to share on the subject, and I didn’t list any actual indie book award competitions. So, for this month’s links and resources roundup, I’d like to share some additional posts and lists of awards.
(Note that I am not endorsing any of the competitions listed below; it’s intended only to supply information to anyone who’s interested in learning more. Please do your research before entering any contests.)
1. This list of awards at The Book Designer is thorough and informative.
2. This post lists 50 book awards open to self-published authors.
3. This post at Publisher’s Weekly offers a great discussion of indie book awards and links to a dozen of them.
4. This post at Writer Beware is dated (it’s from 2008), but raises some important points about what to consider when looking at awards that can be applied to other awards as well.
5. There’s also this additional post at Writer Beware that discusses contests (and their potential hidden agendas) more broadly. This one’s from 2012.
6. This post at Wise Ink lists their top 10 choices for indie book awards.
7. Finally, there’s this list of 37 awards at The Book Publicist.
What do you think? Have you had any experiences with contests? Let me know in the comments!
Looking for professional editorial services for your manuscript, cover copy, or submission materials? Check out my Services page for more info about what I offer.